Software testing is an important technique for assessing the quality of a software product.
In this chapter, we will explain the following:
• the basics of software testing, a verification and validation practice, throughout
the entire software development lifecycle
• the two basic techniques of software testing, black-box testing a
• six types of testing that involve both black- and white-box techniques.
• strategies for writing fewer test cases and still finding as many faults as possible
• using a template for writing repeatable, defined test cases