TeeChart Pro Activex Control v5
Copyright (c) 1997-2002
by David Berneda and
All Rights Reserved.
TeeChart Pro Activex Control v5
0 Release notes:
For information about differences and use of
TeeChart Pro ActiveX v5 with respect to
TeeChart Pro ActiveX v4 please refer to the
'Upgrading from TeeChart v4.doc' document
accessible via the TeeChart Program Manager
Changes for this release:
1. Print Preview from TeeCommander for
multi-page Charts in v5.0.3.x functioned
incorrectly. Now resolved.
2. ZoomPen definition failed to save in tee
files. Now resolved.
3. Integer overflow error reported after
multiple zooms. Now resolved.
4. The property 'Controls' in TeeCommander
coincides with a protected word in VBA.
To permit access to this functionality
in VBA the method has been duplicated
with name 'Buttons'.
5. Omission in previous releases, the
OffsetValues ValueList for Bar3D Series
is accessible by code for this release.
6. Omission in previous releases, MACD
function has new Period3 property.
7. Visual Studio.NET doesn't support the
passing as Interface of the Chart to the
TeePreviewPanel AddChart method. A
substitute AddChartLink has been added
for this release to accept ChartLink.
8. The keyword 'Months' as a database field
name was incompatible with prior
translation system for non-english
language versions' db access via the
Editor. Now resolved.
9. TeePolar/Radar Series problem when
labelling datasets of 13, 19, 25, etc.
values. Internal rounding error resolved.
10.Help button on Chart Editor not
functioning. Now resolved.
1. DeleteRange method added to permit block
delete of several points from a Series.
2. Custom Axis index now returned from all
events that return Axis as an integer.
3. Scroll Mousebutton now selectable by code.
4. The TeeChart Utilities folder now includes
Strong Named DLL assemblies of TeeChart
and TeeChart with Windows wrapper for use
with Visual Studio.NET projects that
require to be Strong Named.
Changes to note:
1. VC++ developers should note that the location
of TeeShapePanel's Bevel has been moved to
(from release v5.0.3 but still noteworthy)
1. Developers upgrading VC++ projects to TeeChart
v5.0.3 should note that the Series property has
been deprecated to comply with an import
restriction to Microsoft's Visual Studio .NET.
.Net fails to import indexed properties that
reside at the root level of an ActiveX Control.
The property has been replaced by a method of
the same name. The old Series property has been
renamed to aSeries but retains its DispId to
support existing, non-changed code and already
compiled applications. When upgrading VC++
classes to the latest version it should suffice
in all standard cases to change calls of:
2. Internet Explorer stopped supporting TeeChart's
IPersistStream content save from IE v5.5sp2
onwards ! TeeChart's persist technique now
changed to: first choice IPropertyBag, second
choice IPersistStream (used by .NET for example).
The changes to TeeChart's persist technique
should be transparent and should not cause any
inconvenience though you may note the difference
on updated Frontpage saved web pages where old
data content will remain and can be removed
manually. The new save format in TeeChart on an
HTML page will take the format:
<param name="Base64" value="..some content..">
Key known unresolved issues:
- ChartEditorPanel not supported in MS
VC++ applications due to incorrect
behaviour of Editor buttons
- Right Axis Arrows click area not located
correctly on 3D Charts
- StopMouse not working correctly in
- Datasets set via the Chart Editor and requiring
password access need the 'save password' option
to be selected in the ADO dialogue. This is not
a requirement when setting up an ADO connection
- Dragdrop events not functioning in .NET.
- Only one TeeChart AX event is triggered, per
page, for a WebForm in ASP.Net.